As i was in Iceland, i had a chance to taste this amazing cake. Icelandic people dont have a lot of desserts. The name of cake is very difficult to learn by heart, but the meaning of cake is “Happy Marriage Cake”. I said myself : “I have to find the recipe of this cake and just to make it. The same i recommend to you :). Just try it and you will love it.
- 150g sugar
- 220g flour
- 120g oats
- 180g butter (room temperature)
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 200g rhubarb jam
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place all the ingredients in a kitchen aid bowl, and mix slowly together until the dough has come together. Be careful not to mix the dough together to much as it becomes too sticky.
- Butter a 26cm cake pan, and press ⅔ of the cake dough into the pan. Spread the rhubarb jam evenly over the crust, and then crumble the remaining dough over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.