Everyone is used to the fact that the honey cake in the classical sense of it necessarily consists of honey and sour cream. I recently discovered this honey cake with mascarpone and would like to say it’s ” delicious “!!! Try to make it and will love it too ;).
Ingredients for the dough
- 3 eggs
- 200 g of sugar
- 150 g of butter
- 5 tablespoon of liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon of soda
- 600g of flour
- 250g of cheese mascarpone
- 480g of cream 33 % fat
- 200g of sugar
Preparation honey cake
- Beat the eggs with sugar until you have a lush foam.
- Add the pre-melted butter.
- Squeeze out from the lemon 2 tablespoon of juice. Mix the lemon juice and soda.
- Mix the slaked soda, the dough, and honey together (If your honey is thick, then it should be heated in a water bath).
- Add a little bit of flour and get a ball of dough.
- Divide the dough into small balls. I made 9 balls. Roll the dough into thin layers, 3 mm thick.
- Using a plate to cut the shape of the cake, cut the dough off to the side, still useful. The diameter of the cake is 23 cm.
- Using a rolling pin, carefully transfer the dough to a baking tray, as it is very soft and delicate, it can easily tear. (I throw the edge of the dough onto the rolling pin, twist the rolling pin inside, the dough runs over the rolling pin and then I transfer it to the baking tray.
- Bake the layers for 2-3 minutes at 200 degrees. The layers should turn out to be golden and soft, and when they cool, they are crispy.
So, bake all nine layers. This is done very quickly! While the layers are baked, I roll out the dough, cut out the workpiece for the next layer, then i shift the finished layer to the plate, and the next one leaves… The remains of the dough, the scraps from the sides for the layers, are also sent to the oven. Then they must be crushed into crumbs with a blender or hands. It turned out a sprinkling for the top cake of the cake.
Preparation of cream
- Put mascarpone in a bowl and mix with sugar or powdered sugar until a homogeneous creamy mass is obtained.
- Turn the cream in a thick, thick mass with a mixer.
- Carefully mix the cream and mascarpone. The cream is ready!
- Alternate the layers of cake with layers of cream. Don’t forget to press a little each layer with your palm.
- The uppermost layer is also smeared with cream, sprinkled with crumbs from the leftover dough and grated chocolate candy.
Leave the cake for the night in the fridge, it will be soaked, very soft and gentle. Enjoy it !