For my birthday i made this cake. The pistachio give a good taste and the cream had a light green color. I used a little baking pan (the cake will be higher), if you don’t have it , use just normal one (26 cm). For the cream you will need some green food colorant.
For the sponge-cake:
- 7 eggs
- 150g of sugar
- 180g of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 150-200g pistachio
For a cream:
- 150g of butter
- 2dl of milch
- 4 tablespoon of flour
For a decoration:
100g of pistachio
- Separate the egg yolks from egg whites.
- Measure 150g of sugar. Add 3 spoon of sugar to egg yolks and leave it on the side.
- Beat up thee egg whites with the rest of sugar until you get a strong mass.
- Then beat up the egg yolks with the sugar until you get a lush light mass.
- Add the whipped egg yolks and pistachio to the egg whites and mix it.
- Mix the flour with vanilla and the baking powder. Add it to the egg mass and mix it.
- Warm up your oven to 180 degrees.
- Put backing paper in a spring form and pour the dough in it.
- Bake it for about 30 mins and check it with a stick.
Preparation of cream:
- Mix the milk and butter in one pan on the medium heat.
- Add a flour and continue mixing about 10-15 mins until you get a heavy textured cream.
- Cool it down (15-30 mins outside) and add some drops of green colorant.
- Cut your cake in two parts.
- Spread the cream on the first layer and the.
- Decorate it with shredded pistachio.
- Enjoy your cake 😉