You won’t spend a lot of time for this cake and the sponge-cake is very tender. The cake has a vanilla cream pudding filled with pounded walnuts or almonds (whichever you prefer).
- For the sponge-cake:
- 7 eggs
- 150g of sugar
- 180g of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- For the cream:
- 1 packet of vanilla pudding
- 75 g of soft butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- Measure 150g of sugar. Add 3 spoon of sugar to egg yolks and leave it on the side.
- Beat up white of eggs with the rest of sugar until you get a strong masse.
- Then beat up egg yolks with the sugar until you get a lush light masse.
- Add whipped egg yolks to egg whites and mix it.
- Mix the flour with vanilla and baking powder. Add it to the egg masse and mix it.
- Warm up your oven to 180 degrees.
- Put backing paper in a spring form and pour the dough in it.
- Bake it for about 30 mins and check it with a stick.
Preparation of cream:
- Prepare a vanilla pudding and mix it with butter.
- Continue mixing vanilla pudding with a butter on the hot plate.
- When the cream gets a strong masse, leave it on the side for 1 hour.
- Cut the sponge-cake in two layers. Spread cream on the first layer and put nuts on it.
- Spread cream on the second layer and decorate with the almonds.
- As extra, you can decorate your cake with whipped cream.
Bon appétit 🙂